With the mercury levels rising in the summer in Goa, the government of Goa, through its directorate of health services has launched a commendable awareness campaign to prevent any possibilities of heat strokes in the state of Goa.
Going by the prediction of the Meteorological department , the temperature in the state of Goa is inching towards 40 degrees due to which the people may suffer from heat stroke and therefore the health department has appealed to the people in Goa to take certain precautionary measures. Following are the details of the appeal
APPEAL TO PUBLIC
- Drink plenty of water: Avoid tea, coffee, soda & Alcohol
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing in light colours
- Protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat, sun-glasses and using an umbrella
First Aid measures
- Move the victim from the heat and get him/her indoors. have him/her lie down in a cool place with feet elevate about 12 inches.
- Loosen clothing and cool him rapidly using whatever methods you can, Like:-
- Place cold compresses on the victim's neck, groin, armpits:
- Wrap in a cool, wet sheet and fan vigorously
- Sponge with cool water
- Spray with cool water from a garden hose
- Immerse the victim in a tub of cool water
- Place in a cool shower
- If alert, give the victim cool water or beverages to sip ( specially with electrolytes) or make a slat sugar drink by adding a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt in a glass of water. Give every 15 minutes
- For muscle cramps: massage affected muscles gentle but firmly untill they relax
- If the victim's condition does not improve or he shows no signs of shock, or is having seizures 9 fits) or loses consciousness, call a doctor or shift him to the nearest health facility
Help yourself to protect from heat Stroke.