Saturday, March 9, 2013
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Listed in this classic series of five star hotels in Goa are over 9 properties which are symbols of Goan luxury at affordable prices on the Goan landscape. In this post I am therefore enlisting all the properties which come under this category among the five star series of hotels. For the other two categories among the Super and the Premium class please refer to my other posts on this site. For 5 star hotels in Goa – super class click here . For five star hotels in Goa – premium class click here.
The hotels listed here are classic hotels with a range of facilities to pamper the holidaymakers and can easily be on the top of the block in terms of luxury.The hotels are listed as follows.
(1) The first hotel I am listing here is the Majorda Beach Resort located on the picturesque beach of Majorda in South Goa. The beach itself is reputed to be one among the best in Goa and the hotel has been one of its earliest tourist landmarks having set shop on this coastline in the early eighties. Built in old Portuguese style with high ceilings and large chandeliers the reception area can lead you down to an indoor pool with a large lawn by its side for lush green company. A short walk and in seconds you could reach the outdoor pool with its sun beds, the pool side restaurant, coconut trees etc. The Majorda beach resort has over 120 well furnished rooms which include over 15 cottages and suites which are spread over a total hotel property area of over 20 acres.
For dining options at the Majorda beach resort you could choose from
the multi cuisine “Laguna” or opt for the seafood restaurant ideally labeled “seashell”. the “Garden café” could hold your interest for some seasonal stuff by the poolside serving buffet, breakfast and dinner. the tea lounge and bar could serve you tropical drinks and light snacks. The “coffee shop” overlooking the indoor swimming pool hosts the café del Mar.
To book the Majorda beach resort hotel click here.
(2) The Holiday Inn resort Goa is a part of the Holiday inn hotels chain and is their only resort in sun kissed Goa located at Mobor beach in south Goa. It is set in a tropical garden ambience and it extends its reach downwards towards the virgin sands of the Mobor beach. The design of the hotel can be easily identified as a blend of colonial majesty with exotic greenery. This five star resort is hardly at a distance of 15 kms from Margao city, over 40 kms from Dabolim airport and is the favorite of tourists who visit this place faithfully every year.
The Holiday Inn at Goa offers different categories of accommodation as they have over 130 standard and plaza rooms, 39 club rooms, a deluxe suite, a kids suite which makes it a total of 170 well groomed rooms, many of which have a good view of the sea, while a few others enjoy the garden view and some other rooms are beckoning the swimming pool from the balcony
Among the holiday Inn resorts dining options you could find yourself at the “Whispers of the orient” which is a Chinese and thai cuisine restaurant and is open only for dinner. The “Café Mardigras and terrace” is a multi cuisine restaurant and coffee shop. “The village Café” is a seasonal barbeque restaurant and “The sundowner bar” is open every day.
To make your booking of the “Holiday Inn Hotel" Click here.
(3) The Ramada Caravela beach resort Goa luxuriously occupies its space on the beach front of Goa at Varca in the southern beach strip of the state. It is amongst the finest international beach front resorts which offers many avenues for relaxation and allows for many excuses for you to make it your holiday haunt in Goa. Be it for romance, a daily routine escape, weekend getaway, solitary thrill, self serenity or simply for the joy of a relaxing holiday in Goa
With the white sands of the Varca beach as its home its 202 room sprawling resort sits over 23 acres of green property and is an architectural marvel. Designed by world class designers who designed the famous sun city in South Africa, the delight of the open lobby at the Ramada Caravela is an enthralling feel. The open lobby invites you to seek more from the hospitable surroundings and the over 80 feet atrium lobby with hallowed arches and wooden beams simply reflect old Goan architecture and embellished with a mural by Goa’s famous ambassador of art and cartoon, Mario Miranda.
Every guest room, suite and villa at the resort is luxuriously designed with a private balcony offering some spectacular view of the sea and overlooking lush landscaped gardens and hosting Goa’s probably largest swimming pool to boast of.
For dining options choose from among the “Lanai Lounge” serving Indian/ Goan/ Mediterranean cuisine, “Castaways” with barbeque and Goan delights, “Carnaval” with Mediterranean and multi cuisine, “Café Cascada” being the coffee shop and the “Sunset bar” for your choicest cocktail splurge.
The Ramada’s is located hardly at a distance of 35 kms from the Dabolim airport of Goa and over 10 km from the nearest railway station at Margao. For holiday options at the “Ramada Caravela beach resort” click here
(4) The Bogmallo beach resort is located at Bogmalo beach just off the port city of Vasco-da-Gama and has a legacy of a fan following being a resort which was one of the oldest hotel properties from Goa. The hotel has a charisma of its own, having been managed by the Oberoi chain of hotels for decades . the resort is located tight on the beach and the moment you are out of the hotel you find yourself in the sandy moments of Bogmallo beach area. In the high tide the waves of the sea are known to lash against the walls of the parapets of the open air restaurant of the resort.
Being so close to the sea, this resort is often captivated the minds of travelers who want to visit it again and again to fully enjoy the thrill of allowing the breeze of the seas to contain their senses. All 120 rooms of the Bogmallo beach resort overlook the beautiful Bogmallo beach
From the beach you can also see many islands on the coastline which can also be visited if you would like to explore them. Bogmallo is indeed a small fishing village which is bounded on all sides by palm fringed headlands at the northern end of the Colva beach bay.The presence of the sandy beach at the end of the cove makes it very alluring.
Bogmallo Beach being secluded from the other mainstream beaches is often less crowded and reasonably safe for swimming. It abounds in plenty of eateries in the form of beach shacks and other restaurants. It is hardly at a distance of 4 kms from the Dabolim airport and is a good place for a cool holiday.
The dining options at the Bogmallo beach resort include the “Coconut grove” which offers Italian and Goan cuisine, “Nautilus” which is a buffet restaurant, “Gazebo” for grilled seafood and the “Sunset bar for your cocktails and other indulgences of wines
To book the Bogmallo beach resort for your holiday click here
(5) The Club Mahindra beach resort Goa, belongs to the illustrious Mahindra Group of companies and is a hotel which belongs to their chain in the hospitality sector. It is constructed to reflect the characteristic Goan architectural influence and is a well known haven for lovers of luxury, being endowed with exquisite decor, plush comfort and a breathtaking view of the Arabian sea.
Among the dining options at the Mahindra beach resort, check out the “Waterfields”, a continental restaurant, “Tamara” which is an Indian cuisine restaurant and the “beach shack”
To get to the Mahindra beach resort you need to traverse through the typically sleepy Goan village of Varca to see the resort beautifully nested on the Varca beach in South Goa. It is indeed the perfect place to spend time on a holiday with family and people whom you love.
The Mahindra beach resort is hardly at a distance of around 10 kms form Margao railway station and hardly 35 kms from Goa’s airport at Dabolim
To book your holiday at the Mahindra Beach resort click here.
(6) The Kenilworth Beach resort and spa is a property earlier known as Goa Penta in the good old days and is a sprawling 5 star hotel sitting pretty on the beautiful white sands of the Utorda beach in South Goa. Encompassing over 14 acres of beach front space, one can take a short minute’s walk into the heart of the beach.
Kenilworth beach resort has over 104 well appointed rooms and are spaciously decorated while having their touch of class with many rooms offering a good view of the beach. The resort is located hardly at a distance of 13 minutes from the Dabolim airport and around 8 kms from the Margao railway station
The spa at the resort can help you soothen your senses and the water sports at the beach can rush your adrenalin to pump up your excitement of a holiday.
For dining options at the Kenilworth go to the “Lobby Bar” for the spirits, “ The Palms ” for the Coffee Shop serving multi-cuisine , “The Oriental Beach Shack for Seasonal delights, “The Goan Outdoor Restaurant “ for the Goan touch and “The Pastry Bar and Ice-Cream Parlour” for the desserts.
For booking “ The Kenilworth beach resort & Spa “click here.
(7) The Heritage Village Club another hot property in the south of Goa which is a clear favourite among holiday makers from UK who are loyal visitors to the hotel every year. Located on the Arossim beach in the south of Goa the Heritage village club is hardly at a distance of 8 kms from the Dabolim airport and 15 minutes drive from Margao railway station.
In an innovative concept to give travellers a enjoyable holiday the heritage village club has launched the "all-inclusive" holiday concept-where you pay one comprehensive price for all facilities. In this you get accommodation, unlimited food, snacks in-between meals, in house beverages and entertainment activities for the entire family.
For dining options at the Heritage village club, check out “Chutney” which offers Multi-cuisine restaurant serving only buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.”The mango terrace” which is a multi cuisine restaurant and is open only for dinner. “Casa Rosa” is the bar to let your hair down from 11 am till 11 pm.
To book the Heritage village club click here
(8) Resort Rio Goa is the latest 5 star addition to Goa’s hospitality landscape and is a brand new resort with the modern amenities and is located on the banks of the river at Baga. A 15 minute drive from the Baga beach, Resort Rio is around 2 kms from Baga and is spread over 10 acres of space hosting over 102 well designed and modern rooms, suites, apartments and villas with good views of the Baga river, the swimming pool and natural greenery.The 77 spacious deluxe rooms at the resort Rio are around 550 sq ft each in size and the well furnished suites are about a 1000 sq ft in spacious luxury and its 15 apartments and 5 luxury villas are a symbol of sheer class.
For dining options choose from “Pickled Mango”, a Multi Cuisine Restaurant or “Mamma Mia” serving Pizzeria & Italian Cuisine, “Cafe Rio” the 24 Hr Coffee Shop and “Bar Terrazzo” the Lounge Bar.
To book the Resort Rio hotel in Goa click here.
(9) The Vainguinim Valley resort Goa located on the Vainguinim beach in North Goa near Dona Paula is a 5 Star boutique property and a high class gaming resort in Goa located at the picturesque Vainguinim Valley of the Dona Paula beach. The Vainguinim Beach is at a walking distance of just two minutes from the resort and the Vainguinim resort is only about 30 kms from the Dabolim airport and 6 kms from Goa’s capital city of Panjim . This resort is in the neighbourhood of the Cidade de Goa resort which is hardly a stone’s throw away from here.
One of the major highlights of this resort is its casino named "Chances" which is incidentally India's largest, best equipped and most sophisticated on shore Casino located in this resort offering its guest a feeling of Las Vegas amidst the unmistakable Goan hospitality.
The Vainguinim Valley Resort offers various dining options which are served by “the Pan Asian restaurant” which serves Chinese and Thai Cuisine, “The Gold rush” offering multi cuisine restaurant, the “Poolside deck”, a poolside restaurant and the “Chances Café” which is again a multi cuisine outlet.
To book the “Vainguinim valley resort” hotel Click here.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Among the Premium class of 5 star hotels in Goa there are over 5 such properties abounding in the Goan hospitality sector and catering to tourism in the upper segment of the holiday industry of Goa. The five star hotels categorised in the premium class are classified according to various facilities and amenities available at the resort. These hotels are a bit distinct from the 5 star hotels in Goa – Super Class which have been enlisted in another post on this blog and which include hotels such as The intercontinental Lalit Goa beach resort, The Leela goa, The Goa Taj exotica Hotel, The Park Hyatt Goa resorts and spa, and the Alila Diwa resort.
In the 5 star hotels in Goa – premium class, I am enlisting the following hotels depending on their levels of luxury.
(1) The Zuri White sands Resort and casino Hotel Goa is a premium class property which is located in south Goa on Varca beach and indulges in hospitality with top services certain to please and pamper both business and leisure travelers to the state of Goa with the warmth and the joyful atmosphere of fun loving Goa fusing with the well acclaimed international standards of the Radisson chain of hotels. The location is abounding in luxury, the facilities are world class and the service is top of the table.
Among the dining options at the Zuri are choices of the waterfalls café which is a all day dining restaurant serving multi cuisine, the NUTS lobby bar which is very convenient, “Flavors” takes you to a wholesome Indian experience in Indian specialty food and the beach shack bar called “Dhow and Rambooze” helps you to let your senses afloat with the waves.
The resort is located at a distance of around 33 kms from the Dabolim airport and just 9 kms form the Margao Railway station. Should you wish to enjoy the hospitality of the Zuri white sands hotel Goa, click here and have some great fun.
(2) Next on my list is surely The Taj fort Aguada beach resort Goa which is a premium holiday destination set shop in Goa ages ago. It is ideally built with a colonial touch on the ramparts of a 16th century fortress, once manned by the Portuguese. The resort sits on a 73 acre property overlooking the gushing waves of the Arabian sea. Fort Aguada beach resort offers a range of spaciously built villas and cottages to give the homely holiday touch to your trip to Goa.
The exotic tropical beauty lends this hotel its much desirable charm and its nine restaurants tend to spoil you with excessive choice. It is nostalgic in the minds of travellers to Goa having been in Goa for a very long time and offers its guests unmatched hospitality ad various amenities including facilities for various sports activities,adventure mountaineering , tennis and even squash.
Among the dining options you have the “seashell” which serves Indian and continental cusine, “Ilcamno” serving Italian delicacies, “Morisco” for the famed Goan food, the Martini Bar is the poolside indulgence and the Poolside BBQ is your haunt for your seafood grills.
The Fort Aguada beach resort is one of the few five star hotels located in North Goa and as such is much in demand . Located on the Sinquerim beach it is at a distance of over 45 kms from the Dabolim airport and 30 kms away from the nearest railway station at Thivim. To enjoy a holiday at the The Taj fort Aguada beach resort Goa click here
(3) The third five star resort in Goa which comes to my mind is the Cidade de Goa hotel located on the famous Dona Paula Beach in Dona Paula.The hotel is one of the earliest hospitality ventures from Goa and has a nice earthly feel to it and done up in nice warm colours leaving you and the Arabian sea all alone to mingle in peace.
This beach side resort lets you forget the rat race of the world and allows you the privilege to be bonded with the thrill of the sea.The Cidade de Goa is built on over 40 acres of green land and designed to resemble a self contained Portuguese hilly hamlet which earned the resort an international R.I.B.A award for its unique architecture.
The resort has standard and superior rooms offering a separate living room space and a bedroom area.There are six room categories ranging from the Premium to the Superior and the Deluxe and Classic rooms besides the Junior Suites and Suites. The Premium rooms are classically furnished and are located in the Garden Wing. The Superior rooms are the sea-facing rooms meticulously designed, having balconies thereby ensuring a good presence of natural daylight for a bright and pleasantly breezy ambience. The Deluxe rooms are charmingly designed heritage-chic rooms considered ideal for honeymoon couples. They have private sit-outs for the occupants leading directly to the beach area. The Classic rooms are sea-facing and provide complete luxury to the guests who make this choice. The Junior Suites and Suites are the best in luxury and have leisurely befitting furniture, artifacts and wall paintings adorning the bedroom and the sitting areas. Most suites have large balconies, dining areas and offer a dream inspiring panoramic view of the sea. All rooms are pompously equipped with mini bar, satellite television, tea and coffee maker, central air conditioning system with individual controls, hairdryer, 24 hour room service and internet access on request.
The food at the Cidade de Goa is extremely good and always well prepared and my suggestion would be to try out all the restaurants that the resort houses in its property as each have a unique and distinct theme and delightful flavour to it. However like many I would also recommend all sea food lovers to head to the Beach barbeque which happens on Saturday evenings and the sea food there is simply amazing. You also have the Alfama restaurant serving contemporary world cuisine and is known as the chefs specialty restaurant, the Laranja – an international buffet restaurant of the Cidade, the Café Azul which is a poolside lip-smacker, the Docario which is open 24 hours serving breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, coffee and tea. The taverna is the lobby bar for all those who get caught in the majesty of the lobby area and the Bar Latino is the poolside bar for you
The Cidade is located at a distance of hardly seven kilometers from Goa’s capital city of Panjim, 14 kms from the heritage village of Old Goa and Karmali railway station and a 28 kms distance away from the Dabolim airport. To book the Cidade de Goa for your holiday, click here
(4) The fourth five star resort in Goa Premium class has to be the Goa Marriott resort located on the Miramar Beach at Campal. Ideally designed to offer a breathtaking view of the Goan sunset and to provide stunning views of the sea, it is the perfect place to mix business with extreme pleasure and help yourself to a truly relaxing stay in Goa. it is one of the finest five star resorts in Goa offering a wonderful mix of fine dining, leisure activities and comprehensive business facilities. Located hardly 3 kms from the city of Panjim it is the favoured destination of the business class of the world and is also a preferred choice of the avid holiday maker to Goa.
The Goa Marriot sincerely embodies Goan charm in its appeal and is studded with 73 Bay View rooms offering exquisite views of the stunning Arabian sea . The other remaining Garden View rooms give a lush view of the green gardens
It has overhauled its lobby area studding it with modern amenities, functional seating and pampering it with options of food and beverage that are certain to inspire its customers to engage, relax , work or play. In short be yourself.
The Goa Marriot hotel's has renovated its 180 rooms offering a picturesque view of the extensive bay or the well-maintained gardens and is designed to meet the needs of both the leisure or business traveler. The Marriot Goa dining facilities include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining can be availed at their specialty barbeque restaurant and there is the facility of 24-hour in-room dining.
With nearly 850 square metre of fully refurbished banqueting and conference spaces , celebrating weddings or hosting conferences is now a matter of pure convenience coupled with style at the Goa Marriot. The Goa Marriot has therefore embraced the Goan spirit to serve and extend the warm hospitality of Goa to its customers with its renewed resort property. To book your holiday at the Goa Marriot resort Click here
(5) The Taj Holiday Village, is among the best in the industry and easily classifies to be among the five top Premium 5 star resorts and hotels in Goa. Coming form the Taj group the Taj Holiday village delights its customers with the legendary Taj hospitality and is celebrating 25 glorious years in the business of enchanting travelers with its hospitality.
It currently revels in its new outlook with an entirely new landscaping and lobby area, well renovated cottages and restaurants, a spankingly striking new island bar, the indulgence filled Spa and a range of exciting indoor and outdoor recreational options which is bound to thrill its customers. This exotic beach resort in Goa is now exuding afresh demeanour.
Built in the year 1981, the Taj holiday village immerses you in the hospitality of the relaxed and fun loving ambience of the Taj hotels where the alluring terracotta cottages, the articulately laid pathways and the blossoming gardens unravel a holiday pace and style that is comfort laden for the traveler. A perfect combination of modernity with Goan elegance and Portuguese architecture, the resort is a picture postcard hamlet fringing on the Goa beaches. The vista has now been redesigned with the lovely Taj gardens styled to complement the essence of the Taj which offers a cute and beautiful home away from the worries of home.
To discover the charming holiday at the Taj Holiday village Goa, simply click here and select “Vivanta by Taj – Holiday village” and travel to the world of a lovely Goan holiday.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
The Hotel industry in Goa has come of age and is studded with almost every category of hotels that a range of travelers to Goa may want to find. So from the small rooms to the spacious suites, everything in 5 star accommodation is available in sun kissed Goa for you to enjoy. All you have to do is book your hotel in advance and then just enjoy your holiday in Goa.
Goa’s 5 star hotels can easily be sub classified depending on the various levels of class that they provide to their valued clients. Based on various factors which add value to the experience of a holiday, I have sub categorized these hotels so that holidaymakers visiting Goa are able to make a learned choice and can understand the difference between various 5 star resorts and hotels in Goa. The categorization is necessitated to narrow down on the different classes of luxury which may also depend on various budgets and various requirements of category. I have classified these broadly in three different categories into the
(A)Super 5 star deluxe resorts and hotels in Goa,
(B) The premium five star deluxe resorts in Goa and
(C) The classic 5 star resorts and hotels in Goa.
In this post I am dwelling mainly on the first category which is the super 5 star deluxe resorts and hotels in Goa and shall dwell on the other two categorize in subsequent posts.
Among the Super 5 star deluxe resorts and hotels in Goa are Goa’s top of the class category of hotels as below
(1) The Intercontinental Lalit resort Goa hotel at Goa’s southern tip of Canacona in South Goa is a large hotel property spread on the luxury of over 85 acres of lush greens and lies in a vantage location where the river meets the sea. It has a beachfront which extends upto a thousand meters( 1 kilometer) and lies in the lap of the Arabian sea. It is designed on the baroque Portuguese styled architecture and is set between huge landscaped gardens which also hosts an international standard Double ‘T’ 9 Hole Golf Course which overlooks the roars of the sea.
The Goa Intercontinental hotel has the choicest amenities and features that you can imagine and need not be listed here. It is divided into 14 “casas”( “casa” means house in Portuguese) which withholds 255 spaciously built and centrally air conditioned rooms with a foyer area, exclusive shower cubicle and attached balcony overlooking the lush landscaped gardens and the Arabian sea. To book the Intercontinental Lalit resort Goa click here.
(2) The Leela , Goa is among our second Super 5 star deluxe resorts and hotels in Goa and the hotel renders a nostalgic memory in the hotel industry of Goa being one of the foremost to have occupied the beach front in the south of Goa. It is sprawled on 75 acres of a leisurely calm beach expanse and boasts of a par 3 golf course for the tee-happy tourists.
It basks in the wide luxury of the Mobor beach and also lines up against the busy fishing village along the river sal on the south offering an insight into how the local village life of Goa still thrives beautifully.
The Leela Goa is equipped with a wide choice of over 185 rooms, suites and villas besides a host of dining options ranging from the Yali lounge bar in the lobby, the Aqua Lounge cum disco, the Riverside Italian specialty restaurant, The Susegado – named after Goan leisure, a seasonal restaurant, the Café, serving Continental, Indian and Asian Cuisine and Jamavar an Indian specialty restaurant
There are plenty of activities defining all the pleasure that you would desire at the Leela Goa. It is also equipped with a state of the art business center which makes it a perfect place for a conference getaway. To book your holidays at the Leela Goa, click here.
(3) The Goa Taj Exotica hotel is our third among the list of super 5 star deluxe resorts and hotels in Goa and is also located in South Goa on the picturesque beach of Benaulim close to the famous Colva beach. It is located at a distance of around 27 kms from Goa’s only airport at Dabolim and around 8 kms from the Margao railway station.
This resort abounds in tranquility and is tropically inspired in its outlook. Its architecture has a grand disposition and its sun drenched atrium is a great sight. With wide corridors shaded with beautiful trees and flower lined patios the Taj simply reinforces the demands of luxury with this spacious hotel property in Goa.
Dining at the Taj has got a Goan nostalgia attached to it with its restaurants bearing typical Portuguese names with the “Miguel Arcanjo” serving Mediterranean, the “Mestre Pascoal” serving authentic Goan cuisine, Li Bai specializing in serving exotic oriental cuisine, The Adega Camoens being the Lounge bar and the Eugenia Coffee Shop severing multi cuisine. There is also the Tea lounge to savour your tea-buds.
The Taj Exotica is aptly divided into the main hotel housing the spacious deluxe and luxury rooms and the two and four bedroom villas as standalone units. To book the taj exotica hotel, Click here
(4) Park Hyatt Goa Resorts and Spa is a stunningly beautiful world class facility abounding on over forty five acres of lush green gardens reveling on the beachfront. Located on the Arossim beach in South Goa, the property is around a 15 minute drive from the Dabolim airport. The Park Hyatt Goa has embraced an ethnic village concept and is equipped with extensive spa facilities with its ambience reflecting a creation of a luxury boutique hotel while coupling some great amenities with the exotic attractions of a resort.
The Park Hyatt has articulately designed spacious rooms bearing a distinct colonial touch. The hotel room is equipped with luxurious bathrooms, sunken bath tubs studded with rain showers and some have high vaulted ceilings while others overlook a hidden garden.
In the middle of the resort property there is a assortment of restaurants offering a wide variety of tasteful delights to tempt every palate.So from the juice bar to the Aquamarine pool bar, you have a wide choice. You have the Praia de Luz which is the Wine bar, the Miranda which has the traditional Goan essence to it, the Sambar which is a unique vegetarian counter, the Masala an Indian specialty restaurant, the Bakery, a Market grill and Da Luigi the Italian specialty restaurant.
To enjoy the hospitality and the joy of the rooms and suites at the Park Hyatt Goa Resorts and Spa, click here
(5) The Alila Diwa Goa Resort is a unique city hotel and resort and among the new entrants in Goa, nested on the beautiful Majorda Beach in South Goa. A stylishly designed resort, it a has a relaxing outlook to its super hospitality and endeavours to constantly create valued customer experiences to cherish, by continuously striving to set new standards in lifestyle.
Alila derives its name form the Sanskrit language which means “surprise” which the hotel believes is a reflection of its property and suitably summarises the reaction of their guests upon arrival and throughout their stay at the Alila Goa
A Holiday at the Alila resorts is a memorable experience of getting closer to local culture for a complete feel of Goa. Whatever may be your personality, the Alila offers you an opportunity to delight yourself in local Goan indulgences while treating you to some enchanting cuisine, pampering your well being with some ancient healing art forms or simply gushing you into the world of adventure sports on the beach fronts. Alila can drive an inspiration in your holidaymaking making it worth the joy of being in Goa.
Located hardly at a distance of 13 kms from the Dabolim airport, Alila promises a soothingly relaxing ambience amidst the serenity of a landscape of lush, green paddy plantations . So if your reason to be in Goa is for a romantic getaway, a family entertainer or a routine holiday, the Alila Diwa’s 106 room splendor and grandeur of 8 family suites offer luxurious space, tranquility and great comfort. If you wish to make your holiday at the Alila Diwa resort Goa, click here.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
The introduction of Monsoon tourism in Goa was formally launched in the year 2009 and it has already begun to pay rich dividends with a steady stream of tourists pouring in the state of Goa with the various hotels at Goa witnessing over 55 percent occupancy in the introductory year of 2009 and enhancing the figures to an impressive 65 percent for the year 2010 thereby fuelling the cause of Goa tourism’s smart endeavors in promoting an innovative brand of tourism to attract tourists to Goa.
In the current year the arrival of tourists during the monsoons in Goa ha been very positive and the occupancy levels are already bordering on the 70 percent mark which is a good indicator for the rest of the monsoon season. The whole exercise of promoting Goa tourism packages for the monsoon season were done by Goa tourism on the strength of only Goa’s natural resources and the department of Goa tourism have reached out to the tourists across the country and to the rest of the world by the catchy slogan that if one wished “ to see Goa at its best then the Monsoon season in Goa was the best time to do so”. As such no additional features or infrastructural changes have been added to the Monsoon package endeavors which makes the campaign quite commendable.
However to compensate for the additional absence of facilities. the Hotels at Goa are making efforts to compensate for the same by offering attractive packages to tourists to woo them to Goa and thereby making their holiday a cheaper holiday to Goa. Many hotels in Goa have also engaged in tie-ups with various airline companies to induce cheap flights to Goa in a bid to entice tourists to find enough motivation of making the trip to Goa.
The figures of tourists coming to Goa in the last few seasons is therefore a pointer to the success of the endeavors of Goa tourism. In the monsoon season of 2009 beginning from June till September, 3,59,536 tourists arrived in Goa. A number which shot up in the same period in 2010 to 3,76,450 tourists thereby registering a healthy growth of over 17,000 tourists compared to the previous year . Or a percentage increase of around 5 percent.
The foreigners coming to Goa during the monsoon season are also not charter tourists but free independent travellers(FITs). From the total tourists in the monsoon of 2009, a huge majority of 3,43,726 travelers were India’s own domestic tourists coming to Goa, while foreigners coming to the state in the period were accounted at 15,810. In the year 2010 the tourists arrival pattern was 3,58,745 domestic tourists and number of foreigners aggregated to around 17,705
Many tourists coming to Goa from various parts of India find Goa a great thrill to enjoy their monsoons as the rains in Goa are a unique experience adding to the charm of their holidays. Such rains are often not experienced by tourists in any other part of India and therefore the whole experience is a very refreshing one for many tourists in Goa with many of them preferring to get drenched in the frolic of Goa’s rains thereby immersing themselves ion the fun of the monsoons in Goa.
Some other tourists are awestruck by the sense of greenery prevailing in Goa and the lush green arms and field sin Goa have been their personal memories of Goa to carry back home with promises of coming back again to savour the Goa experience once more. Some other tourists also move in the interior villages of Goa to get a feel of the real Goa so that they can enjoy Goa’s beauty to the maximum.
Encouraged by the stupendous success of the monsoon campaign of Goa tourism packages, the department of Tourism in Goa conducted a major campaign lasting 17 days from 14 June to 30 June 2011 in regional newspapers in the country inviting tourists to experience the monsoon in Goa. As a result, the response was forthcoming and domestic tourists and international visitors were continuously arriving in the state to spend their monsoon holiday in Goa.
The campaign also brought in new demands form the department of tourism in Goa to handle the huge response thereby forcing them to employ additional staff to respond to various calls made by the prospective tourists seeking more information.Goa tourism's website has also recorded a huge number of hits following the campaign launch.
The department for tourism is also toying with the idea of ensuring that tourists coming to Goa are treated well by Goans and on these lines they have mooted the thought of launching a campaign to create awareness among Goans to be more friendlier to tourists coming to the state and is planning its campaign on the lines of “Atithi Devo bhava”, which would be streamed on local news channels and radio and would feature Goan stage artistes. An educational campaign for tourists of an advisory nature is also expected to be launched to benefit tourists about the Dos and Don'ts while on a holiday to the land of the sea sun and sand which is Goa indeed.
Monday, July 11, 2011
For many years, Indien Goa with its natural beauty and God given generous array of stunning beaches has been the source of attraction for tourists from across the globe with holiday bound visitors flocking to the state for a tour of the various religious and historical places in the state besides the beautiful beaches and the aromatic spice farms which hold a special charm for tourists arriving in Goa.
Tourism in Indien Goa has provided numerous opportunities for many Goans with the hotel industry of Goa accounting for the maximum heads of employment. The beach shacks and the tourist taxis operating in Goa have also been a major employment generator for Goans who have made the most of the tourism bug hitting the state. Add to that list the rent-a-bike operators, garment stores etc and the business has certainly improved with the increase in tourism.
The hotel industry in Goa being the major magnet for employment to Goans, it has also proved to be a good platform for Goans to gain experience through the various hotels operating in the state to gain the requisite experience in the field of hospitality and thereby equip themselves with the necessary certification to secure better prospects int the middle east and the most coveted jobs which Goans flock to - the cruise lines.
For tourists North Goa and south Goa are two broadly divided areas which offer different experiences in Goa tourism. While some love north Goa for being the vibrant tourism belt of Goa there are others who would swear by south Goa owing to its serenity and tranquil surroundings to compliment the beauty of the beach locations. North Goa is considered more lively in terms of fun parties, discos and other entertainment filled beach fests and shows unlike the calmness prevailing in south Goa.
In recent times the star hotels are organizing their own tours for their guests thus ensuring that their fringe activities add to their economics of scale. The well off tourists are therefore attracted by the tours of the star hotels and the budgeted tourists normally depend on the services of Goa tours offered by local Goans in Goa. Rent-a bike facility is also very popular among tourists arriving in Goa for a holiday as it gives them the opportunity of discovering Goa on their own and without the hassle of being tied down to a large group in a bus or a van. Rent-a-bike facilites are offered at almost every location in Goa and one can see various rent-a-bike Honda Activa scooters being used by tourists to move around freely in Goa. Some tourists do prefer the luxury of the taxis and the vans as they can afford to see Goa at their own leisure and pace while being ferried around.
The beach shacks in Goa have also seen tremendous business pouring in from loyal tourists who prefer the beach shacks in comparison to the regular hotels or the starred restaurants as the beach shacks are known to offer traditional food which is believed to be the actual Goan taste as locals prepare the food themselves and the seafood is a great way to start your meal at a good beach shack in Indien Goa.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Goa with its pleasant weather, green landscape and golden sands peppered with tall palm trees was known to be first discovered as a tourist haven by the flower children of the sixties, a synonym for the hippies ( made famous by the idealistic young people who were known to gather in the US city of San Francisco during the sixties at the time of Summer of Love.)
The hippies probably stumbled on Goa accidentally and fell for its charm. Add to that Goa's laid back "Succegaad" attitude and probably the indifference of the local authorities in Goa to take note of the eccentric ways o the hippies, they thrived and many of them made Goa their home.
However with the onset of the eighties Goa saw a turnaround in tourism which was by now taken seriously and small efforts of promotion of tourism gave flying results.The eighties therefore saw Goa hitting the right cords in tourism with novel schemes unique to Goa such as the introduction of "rent back hotels" a Goan innovation which hit off well with tourists on small budgets looking for a cheap holiday in Goa India.
Added to the rent back hotels was the lure of Charter flights to Goa which intermingled with domestic tourists and suddenly Goa had arrived. Those were the days when the state was catering to the tastes of western European tourists who used to flock to Goa in large numbers as it was a economically sound option for them to travel to Asia and have the pleasure of enjoying cheap holidays in Goa, India.
During that period of time domestic tourists were not encouraged much in Goa and therefore domestic tourists used to naturally feel let down by the tourism industry of Goa compared to the treatment that European tourists were being given in Goa. However in the present age it is the domestic tourists and tourists from East European countries who have made Goa their favorite haunt, while the tourists from western European countries appear to be on a gradual decline.
Naturally Goa has seen a good season in occupancy this very year with the influx of domestic tourists and the East European travelers. While a charter tourist for the East European countries is stationed in Goa for around 14 days, there is no specific time limit as far as domestic tourists go . However it has been observed that the average capacity of the domestic Indian tourists in Goa stay for around 3-4 days. Such tourists usually come to Goa in groups and are normally the younger category. Honeymoon couples also make a beeline for Goa ,it being a cheap holiday option coupled with the tranquility that a honeymoon in Goa deserves.
There is also another market of tourism which has slowly but surely opened up in Goa which is the wedding destination market, which helped Goa witness plenty of weddings being held on its shores both from Indian clients as well as foreign clients who want to have their wedding in Goa normally planned at a location on the coastline to set up a Goa beach wedding. Beach weddings in Goa have therefore changed the demography of the tourism scene in Goa to a certain extent. So from non-resident Indians(NRIs) to wealthy Indians to the middle class and on the other side the curious foreigners from all classes are all interested in a Goan beach wedding on Goa's famous beaches. Cheap holidays to Goa India have therefore transformed into a mega market with plenty of offshoots of tourism serving Goa well.
Corporate conferences is another area that has kept the hotels in Goa on their toes. Everybody in India on the domestic front seems to want to have their corporate conference, dealer meet, agents conference, service meets or any corporate congregation in Goa as it offers unmatched facilities of business coupled with the pleasure that only Goa can offer.
The international countries include United Kingdom(UK), France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Russia, Poland, Norway, Finland, Iran and Kazakhstan. The records have also pointed out that Goa has continuously seen a positive increase in the flow of tourists for countries in Eastern Europe including Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus.
The statistics have recorded over 392 charter flights to Goa arriving from Russia with around 81,437 travelers in comparison to around 216 charter flights arriving in Goa from the United Kingdom with 50,872 English tourists on holiday to Goa. The Following is the detailed list of Charter tourists arriving in Goa from the above countries in the outgoing season
United Kingdom---- 216 Charter Flights
Russia ------------- 392 Charter Flights
Germany ---------- 33 Charter Flights
Netherlands ------- 27 Charter Flights
Finland ----------- 23 Charter Flights
Norway ----------- 21 Charter Flights
Poland ------------ 20 Charter Flights
Kazakhstan- ------- 17 Charter Flights
Denmark ---------- 13 Charter Flights
Switzerland --------- 13 Charter Flights
Iran ---------------- 04 Charter Flights
France ------------- 02 Charter Flights
However the charter flights coming to Goa may nor provide an accurate picture about the exact number of tourists arriving to Goa from UK as there are many tourists from the United Kingdom arriving to Goa via Mumbai since the connectivity of these flights is considered to be better. But for tourists arriving from countries like Russia and other such East European countries, the charter route is preferable.
It has also been observed that Russia's new cities have added keen interest in the Goa holiday packages. While traditionally the cities of St Petersburg and Moscow were key markets attracting tourists to Goa, it can be now seen that six or seven more cities in Russia have added themselves to the Goa tourism bug. The trend clearly points out to more Eastern Europeans opting for Goa as their favorite holiday destination and the success of these numbers is attributed to the increasing marketing efforts by the tourism industry in Goa through the state tourism department.
Goa also recorded the highest number of Charter arrivals in the months of January and December with the month of December 2010 accounting for 167 flights and January 2011 aggregating 187 flights to Goa.
Tourist arrivals to Goa have therefore seen a definite increase in the flow of domestic and foreign tourists and the increase in this year 2010 is gauged at around 5% over the previous year of 2009. Over 781 charter flights have arrived in Goa from various countries in Europe in the present tourist season in Goa. the department of tourism in Goa is therefore content to have ended the season on a very healthy note and are very keen to promote more tourism related activities for Goa in the forthcoming tourist season.