Among the Premium class of 5 star hotels in Goa there are over 5 such properties abounding in the Goan hospitality sector and catering to tourism in the upper segment of the holiday industry of Goa. The five star hotels categorised in the premium class are classified according to various facilities and amenities available at the resort. These hotels are a bit distinct from the 5 star hotels in Goa – Super Class which have been enlisted in another post on this blog and which include hotels such as The intercontinental Lalit Goa beach resort, The Leela goa, The Goa Taj exotica Hotel, The Park Hyatt Goa resorts and spa, and the Alila Diwa resort.
In the 5 star hotels in Goa – premium class, I am enlisting the following hotels depending on their levels of luxury.
(1) The Zuri White sands Resort and casino Hotel Goa is a premium class property which is located in south Goa on Varca beach and indulges in hospitality with top services certain to please and pamper both business and leisure travelers to the state of Goa with the warmth and the joyful atmosphere of fun loving Goa fusing with the well acclaimed international standards of the Radisson chain of hotels. The location is abounding in luxury, the facilities are world class and the service is top of the table.
Among the dining options at the Zuri are choices of the waterfalls café which is a all day dining restaurant serving multi cuisine, the NUTS lobby bar which is very convenient, “Flavors” takes you to a wholesome Indian experience in Indian specialty food and the beach shack bar called “Dhow and Rambooze” helps you to let your senses afloat with the waves.
The resort is located at a distance of around 33 kms from the Dabolim airport and just 9 kms form the Margao Railway station. Should you wish to enjoy the hospitality of the Zuri white sands hotel Goa, click here and have some great fun.
(2) Next on my list is surely The Taj fort Aguada beach resort Goa which is a premium holiday destination set shop in Goa ages ago. It is ideally built with a colonial touch on the ramparts of a 16th century fortress, once manned by the Portuguese. The resort sits on a 73 acre property overlooking the gushing waves of the Arabian sea. Fort Aguada beach resort offers a range of spaciously built villas and cottages to give the homely holiday touch to your trip to Goa.
The exotic tropical beauty lends this hotel its much desirable charm and its nine restaurants tend to spoil you with excessive choice. It is nostalgic in the minds of travellers to Goa having been in Goa for a very long time and offers its guests unmatched hospitality ad various amenities including facilities for various sports activities,adventure mountaineering , tennis and even squash.
Among the dining options you have the “seashell” which serves Indian and continental cusine, “Ilcamno” serving Italian delicacies, “Morisco” for the famed Goan food, the Martini Bar is the poolside indulgence and the Poolside BBQ is your haunt for your seafood grills.
The Fort Aguada beach resort is one of the few five star hotels located in North Goa and as such is much in demand . Located on the Sinquerim beach it is at a distance of over 45 kms from the Dabolim airport and 30 kms away from the nearest railway station at Thivim. To enjoy a holiday at the The Taj fort Aguada beach resort Goa click here
(3) The third five star resort in Goa which comes to my mind is the Cidade de Goa hotel located on the famous Dona Paula Beach in Dona Paula.The hotel is one of the earliest hospitality ventures from Goa and has a nice earthly feel to it and done up in nice warm colours leaving you and the Arabian sea all alone to mingle in peace.
This beach side resort lets you forget the rat race of the world and allows you the privilege to be bonded with the thrill of the sea.The Cidade de Goa is built on over 40 acres of green land and designed to resemble a self contained Portuguese hilly hamlet which earned the resort an international R.I.B.A award for its unique architecture.
The resort has standard and superior rooms offering a separate living room space and a bedroom area.There are six room categories ranging from the Premium to the Superior and the Deluxe and Classic rooms besides the Junior Suites and Suites. The Premium rooms are classically furnished and are located in the Garden Wing. The Superior rooms are the sea-facing rooms meticulously designed, having balconies thereby ensuring a good presence of natural daylight for a bright and pleasantly breezy ambience. The Deluxe rooms are charmingly designed heritage-chic rooms considered ideal for honeymoon couples. They have private sit-outs for the occupants leading directly to the beach area. The Classic rooms are sea-facing and provide complete luxury to the guests who make this choice. The Junior Suites and Suites are the best in luxury and have leisurely befitting furniture, artifacts and wall paintings adorning the bedroom and the sitting areas. Most suites have large balconies, dining areas and offer a dream inspiring panoramic view of the sea. All rooms are pompously equipped with mini bar, satellite television, tea and coffee maker, central air conditioning system with individual controls, hairdryer, 24 hour room service and internet access on request.
The food at the Cidade de Goa is extremely good and always well prepared and my suggestion would be to try out all the restaurants that the resort houses in its property as each have a unique and distinct theme and delightful flavour to it. However like many I would also recommend all sea food lovers to head to the Beach barbeque which happens on Saturday evenings and the sea food there is simply amazing. You also have the Alfama restaurant serving contemporary world cuisine and is known as the chefs specialty restaurant, the Laranja – an international buffet restaurant of the Cidade, the Café Azul which is a poolside lip-smacker, the Docario which is open 24 hours serving breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, coffee and tea. The taverna is the lobby bar for all those who get caught in the majesty of the lobby area and the Bar Latino is the poolside bar for you
The Cidade is located at a distance of hardly seven kilometers from Goa’s capital city of Panjim, 14 kms from the heritage village of Old Goa and Karmali railway station and a 28 kms distance away from the Dabolim airport. To book the Cidade de Goa for your holiday, click here
(4) The fourth five star resort in Goa Premium class has to be the Goa Marriott resort located on the Miramar Beach at Campal. Ideally designed to offer a breathtaking view of the Goan sunset and to provide stunning views of the sea, it is the perfect place to mix business with extreme pleasure and help yourself to a truly relaxing stay in Goa. it is one of the finest five star resorts in Goa offering a wonderful mix of fine dining, leisure activities and comprehensive business facilities. Located hardly 3 kms from the city of Panjim it is the favoured destination of the business class of the world and is also a preferred choice of the avid holiday maker to Goa.
The Goa Marriot sincerely embodies Goan charm in its appeal and is studded with 73 Bay View rooms offering exquisite views of the stunning Arabian sea . The other remaining Garden View rooms give a lush view of the green gardens
It has overhauled its lobby area studding it with modern amenities, functional seating and pampering it with options of food and beverage that are certain to inspire its customers to engage, relax , work or play. In short be yourself.
The Goa Marriot hotel's has renovated its 180 rooms offering a picturesque view of the extensive bay or the well-maintained gardens and is designed to meet the needs of both the leisure or business traveler. The Marriot Goa dining facilities include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining can be availed at their specialty barbeque restaurant and there is the facility of 24-hour in-room dining.
With nearly 850 square metre of fully refurbished banqueting and conference spaces , celebrating weddings or hosting conferences is now a matter of pure convenience coupled with style at the Goa Marriot. The Goa Marriot has therefore embraced the Goan spirit to serve and extend the warm hospitality of Goa to its customers with its renewed resort property. To book your holiday at the Goa Marriot resort Click here
(5) The Taj Holiday Village, is among the best in the industry and easily classifies to be among the five top Premium 5 star resorts and hotels in Goa. Coming form the Taj group the Taj Holiday village delights its customers with the legendary Taj hospitality and is celebrating 25 glorious years in the business of enchanting travelers with its hospitality.
It currently revels in its new outlook with an entirely new landscaping and lobby area, well renovated cottages and restaurants, a spankingly striking new island bar, the indulgence filled Spa and a range of exciting indoor and outdoor recreational options which is bound to thrill its customers. This exotic beach resort in Goa is now exuding afresh demeanour.
Built in the year 1981, the Taj holiday village immerses you in the hospitality of the relaxed and fun loving ambience of the Taj hotels where the alluring terracotta cottages, the articulately laid pathways and the blossoming gardens unravel a holiday pace and style that is comfort laden for the traveler. A perfect combination of modernity with Goan elegance and Portuguese architecture, the resort is a picture postcard hamlet fringing on the Goa beaches. The vista has now been redesigned with the lovely Taj gardens styled to complement the essence of the Taj which offers a cute and beautiful home away from the worries of home.
To discover the charming holiday at the Taj Holiday village Goa, simply click here and select “Vivanta by Taj – Holiday village” and travel to the world of a lovely Goan holiday.