Listed in this classic series of five star hotels in Goa are over 9 properties which are symbols of Goan luxury at affordable prices on the Goan landscape. In this post I am therefore enlisting all the properties which come under this category among the five star series of hotels. For the other two categories among the Super and the Premium class please refer to my other posts on this site. For 5 star hotels in Goa – super class click here . For five star hotels in Goa – premium class click here.
The hotels listed here are classic hotels with a range of facilities to pamper the holidaymakers and can easily be on the top of the block in terms of luxury.The hotels are listed as follows.
(1) The first hotel I am listing here is the Majorda Beach Resort located on the picturesque beach of Majorda in South Goa. The beach itself is reputed to be one among the best in Goa and the hotel has been one of its earliest tourist landmarks having set shop on this coastline in the early eighties. Built in old Portuguese style with high ceilings and large chandeliers the reception area can lead you down to an indoor pool with a large lawn by its side for lush green company. A short walk and in seconds you could reach the outdoor pool with its sun beds, the pool side restaurant, coconut trees etc. The Majorda beach resort has over 120 well furnished rooms which include over 15 cottages and suites which are spread over a total hotel property area of over 20 acres.
For dining options at the Majorda beach resort you could choose from
the multi cuisine “Laguna” or opt for the seafood restaurant ideally labeled “seashell”. the “Garden café” could hold your interest for some seasonal stuff by the poolside serving buffet, breakfast and dinner. the tea lounge and bar could serve you tropical drinks and light snacks. The “coffee shop” overlooking the indoor swimming pool hosts the café del Mar.
To book the Majorda beach resort hotel click here.
(2) The Holiday Inn resort Goa is a part of the Holiday inn hotels chain and is their only resort in sun kissed Goa located at Mobor beach in south Goa. It is set in a tropical garden ambience and it extends its reach downwards towards the virgin sands of the Mobor beach. The design of the hotel can be easily identified as a blend of colonial majesty with exotic greenery. This five star resort is hardly at a distance of 15 kms from Margao city, over 40 kms from Dabolim airport and is the favorite of tourists who visit this place faithfully every year.
The Holiday Inn at Goa offers different categories of accommodation as they have over 130 standard and plaza rooms, 39 club rooms, a deluxe suite, a kids suite which makes it a total of 170 well groomed rooms, many of which have a good view of the sea, while a few others enjoy the garden view and some other rooms are beckoning the swimming pool from the balcony
Among the holiday Inn resorts dining options you could find yourself at the “Whispers of the orient” which is a Chinese and thai cuisine restaurant and is open only for dinner. The “Café Mardigras and terrace” is a multi cuisine restaurant and coffee shop. “The village Café” is a seasonal barbeque restaurant and “The sundowner bar” is open every day.
To make your booking of the “Holiday Inn Hotel" Click here.
(3) The Ramada Caravela beach resort Goa luxuriously occupies its space on the beach front of Goa at Varca in the southern beach strip of the state. It is amongst the finest international beach front resorts which offers many avenues for relaxation and allows for many excuses for you to make it your holiday haunt in Goa. Be it for romance, a daily routine escape, weekend getaway, solitary thrill, self serenity or simply for the joy of a relaxing holiday in Goa
With the white sands of the Varca beach as its home its 202 room sprawling resort sits over 23 acres of green property and is an architectural marvel. Designed by world class designers who designed the famous sun city in South Africa, the delight of the open lobby at the Ramada Caravela is an enthralling feel. The open lobby invites you to seek more from the hospitable surroundings and the over 80 feet atrium lobby with hallowed arches and wooden beams simply reflect old Goan architecture and embellished with a mural by Goa’s famous ambassador of art and cartoon, Mario Miranda.
Every guest room, suite and villa at the resort is luxuriously designed with a private balcony offering some spectacular view of the sea and overlooking lush landscaped gardens and hosting Goa’s probably largest swimming pool to boast of.
For dining options choose from among the “Lanai Lounge” serving Indian/ Goan/ Mediterranean cuisine, “Castaways” with barbeque and Goan delights, “Carnaval” with Mediterranean and multi cuisine, “Café Cascada” being the coffee shop and the “Sunset bar” for your choicest cocktail splurge.
The Ramada’s is located hardly at a distance of 35 kms from the Dabolim airport of Goa and over 10 km from the nearest railway station at Margao. For holiday options at the “Ramada Caravela beach resort” click here
(4) The Bogmallo beach resort is located at Bogmalo beach just off the port city of Vasco-da-Gama and has a legacy of a fan following being a resort which was one of the oldest hotel properties from Goa. The hotel has a charisma of its own, having been managed by the Oberoi chain of hotels for decades . the resort is located tight on the beach and the moment you are out of the hotel you find yourself in the sandy moments of Bogmallo beach area. In the high tide the waves of the sea are known to lash against the walls of the parapets of the open air restaurant of the resort.
Being so close to the sea, this resort is often captivated the minds of travelers who want to visit it again and again to fully enjoy the thrill of allowing the breeze of the seas to contain their senses. All 120 rooms of the Bogmallo beach resort overlook the beautiful Bogmallo beach
From the beach you can also see many islands on the coastline which can also be visited if you would like to explore them. Bogmallo is indeed a small fishing village which is bounded on all sides by palm fringed headlands at the northern end of the Colva beach bay.The presence of the sandy beach at the end of the cove makes it very alluring.
Bogmallo Beach being secluded from the other mainstream beaches is often less crowded and reasonably safe for swimming. It abounds in plenty of eateries in the form of beach shacks and other restaurants. It is hardly at a distance of 4 kms from the Dabolim airport and is a good place for a cool holiday.
The dining options at the Bogmallo beach resort include the “Coconut grove” which offers Italian and Goan cuisine, “Nautilus” which is a buffet restaurant, “Gazebo” for grilled seafood and the “Sunset bar for your cocktails and other indulgences of wines
To book the Bogmallo beach resort for your holiday click here
(5) The Club Mahindra beach resort Goa, belongs to the illustrious Mahindra Group of companies and is a hotel which belongs to their chain in the hospitality sector. It is constructed to reflect the characteristic Goan architectural influence and is a well known haven for lovers of luxury, being endowed with exquisite decor, plush comfort and a breathtaking view of the Arabian sea.
Among the dining options at the Mahindra beach resort, check out the “Waterfields”, a continental restaurant, “Tamara” which is an Indian cuisine restaurant and the “beach shack”
To get to the Mahindra beach resort you need to traverse through the typically sleepy Goan village of Varca to see the resort beautifully nested on the Varca beach in South Goa. It is indeed the perfect place to spend time on a holiday with family and people whom you love.
The Mahindra beach resort is hardly at a distance of around 10 kms form Margao railway station and hardly 35 kms from Goa’s airport at Dabolim
To book your holiday at the Mahindra Beach resort click here.
(6) The Kenilworth Beach resort and spa is a property earlier known as Goa Penta in the good old days and is a sprawling 5 star hotel sitting pretty on the beautiful white sands of the Utorda beach in South Goa. Encompassing over 14 acres of beach front space, one can take a short minute’s walk into the heart of the beach.
Kenilworth beach resort has over 104 well appointed rooms and are spaciously decorated while having their touch of class with many rooms offering a good view of the beach. The resort is located hardly at a distance of 13 minutes from the Dabolim airport and around 8 kms from the Margao railway station
The spa at the resort can help you soothen your senses and the water sports at the beach can rush your adrenalin to pump up your excitement of a holiday.
For dining options at the Kenilworth go to the “Lobby Bar” for the spirits, “ The Palms ” for the Coffee Shop serving multi-cuisine , “The Oriental Beach Shack for Seasonal delights, “The Goan Outdoor Restaurant “ for the Goan touch and “The Pastry Bar and Ice-Cream Parlour” for the desserts.
For booking “ The Kenilworth beach resort & Spa “click here.
(7) The Heritage Village Club another hot property in the south of Goa which is a clear favourite among holiday makers from UK who are loyal visitors to the hotel every year. Located on the Arossim beach in the south of Goa the Heritage village club is hardly at a distance of 8 kms from the Dabolim airport and 15 minutes drive from Margao railway station.
In an innovative concept to give travellers a enjoyable holiday the heritage village club has launched the "all-inclusive" holiday concept-where you pay one comprehensive price for all facilities. In this you get accommodation, unlimited food, snacks in-between meals, in house beverages and entertainment activities for the entire family.
For dining options at the Heritage village club, check out “Chutney” which offers Multi-cuisine restaurant serving only buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.”The mango terrace” which is a multi cuisine restaurant and is open only for dinner. “Casa Rosa” is the bar to let your hair down from 11 am till 11 pm.
To book the Heritage village club click here
(8) Resort Rio Goa is the latest 5 star addition to Goa’s hospitality landscape and is a brand new resort with the modern amenities and is located on the banks of the river at Baga. A 15 minute drive from the Baga beach, Resort Rio is around 2 kms from Baga and is spread over 10 acres of space hosting over 102 well designed and modern rooms, suites, apartments and villas with good views of the Baga river, the swimming pool and natural greenery.The 77 spacious deluxe rooms at the resort Rio are around 550 sq ft each in size and the well furnished suites are about a 1000 sq ft in spacious luxury and its 15 apartments and 5 luxury villas are a symbol of sheer class.
For dining options choose from “Pickled Mango”, a Multi Cuisine Restaurant or “Mamma Mia” serving Pizzeria & Italian Cuisine, “Cafe Rio” the 24 Hr Coffee Shop and “Bar Terrazzo” the Lounge Bar.
To book the Resort Rio hotel in Goa click here.
(9) The Vainguinim Valley resort Goa located on the Vainguinim beach in North Goa near Dona Paula is a 5 Star boutique property and a high class gaming resort in Goa located at the picturesque Vainguinim Valley of the Dona Paula beach. The Vainguinim Beach is at a walking distance of just two minutes from the resort and the Vainguinim resort is only about 30 kms from the Dabolim airport and 6 kms from Goa’s capital city of Panjim . This resort is in the neighbourhood of the Cidade de Goa resort which is hardly a stone’s throw away from here.
One of the major highlights of this resort is its casino named "Chances" which is incidentally India's largest, best equipped and most sophisticated on shore Casino located in this resort offering its guest a feeling of Las Vegas amidst the unmistakable Goan hospitality.
The Vainguinim Valley Resort offers various dining options which are served by “the Pan Asian restaurant” which serves Chinese and Thai Cuisine, “The Gold rush” offering multi cuisine restaurant, the “Poolside deck”, a poolside restaurant and the “Chances Café” which is again a multi cuisine outlet.
To book the “Vainguinim valley resort” hotel Click here.